Sunday 10 March 2013

my craft room takes shape ? part 2

Nothing says dream weekend more than a trip to Ikea on a Saturday morning with half of Sydney. It?s just not that fun. So retro daddy decided he?d get the rest of my birthday present (a 2nd expedit unit) on Friday night and put it up on Saturday morning. It was all going to plan until he opened the last box of the unit on Saturday morning to discover 2 broken shelves. Broken almost right through to the other side. Sooooo annoying.

So back to Ikea he went, waited for them to find another box, did a few things and came home 3 hours later with one new box of expedit shelves to finish the unit (it comes as 4 boxes). I then got stuck into it finding homes for my wool and knitting and craft books.

I got a few baskets to pop into the cubes and hide things in and they don?t come cheap at $25 each so retro daddy (always the accountant) started me off with 5 and I can pick some up later. They are great actually and I?ll get some more for other supplies.

The wool won?t be too safe displayed like this although it looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! But I?ll have to protect it in some tubs and plastic but will get onto that. Until then I can just admire it all.

And it?s nice to have all of my craft books in the one room as I?ve never been able to fit them all in one place. These are my baby and kids knitting books and I?m creating seperate shelves for sewing, quilting, japanese craft books, other knitting books, crochet and a general craft shelf. It?s like a library and craft room all rolled into one. But it is so nice to have a room all to myself

And the way I see it is I don?t drink (a couple of champagnes a year), I don?t smoke, I?m not a shoe, gadget?or handbag person?..I?m a craft person and I use everything. So if I?m happy and retro daddy is happy then everyone is happy!

And before you tell me that it?s so neat and tidy and you can?t even get into your craft room or find anything?.here is the keepin? it real photo! There is still stash in the garage and upstairs kitchen that has to be sorted and a home found for it all. But we?re getting there

and yes??retro daddy is adding the wall brackets today so cheeky monkeys can?t climb up on these units. Elodie already worked out she can climb into one of the lower units and these are super heavy. So don?t worry,we?re onto it!

Source: http://retromummy.com/2013/03/10/my-craft-room-takes-shape-part-2/

bankofamerica revolution rosh hashanah rosh hashanah boardwalk empire iOS 6 Release Date Canelo Alvarez

No comments:

Post a Comment